Exelon Generation is a unit of Exelon Corporation, a leading U.S. competitive energy business.
Exelon is focused on the business value of reducing its impact on the environment and meeting the needs of our customers, employees and the communities we serve. Our commitment to the environment includes:
- Exelon owns and operates one of the nation’s cleanest and lowest-cost power generation portfolios featuring a balanced mix of generation sources including hydro, wind, solar nuclear, natural gas and oil.
- Exelon 2020, an industry-leading program to eliminate 17.5 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions per year by 2020, demonstrates the company’s commitment to a clean energy future. In 2013, Exelon proactively reduced or avoided more than 18 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions, surpassing its goal seven years ahead of schedule.
- Exelon Generation also owns hydroelectric power plants that provide more than 1,600 MW of clean electricity.
- We are the 13th largest solar company in the U.S., and recently completed construction of one of the largest PV solar projects in the world, the Antelope Valley Solar Ranch One in northern Los Angeles County, California.
- Exelon’s renewable portfolio also includes 45 wind farms in 10 states totaling nearly 1,300 megawatts of wind energy operating in the US.