Project Construction Information
This page, www.medwayenergy.com/construction, is where you will find the most up-to-date information about the construction of the Medway Peaker Project, so please check back frequently.
November 22nd Construction Update:
- Foundation framing and pouring for turbine, acoustic walls, and caissons, are in progress in the central portion of the site.
- Excavation and installation of the new gas line connecting the site to the existing distribution line to north is in progress.
- An additional laydown area within the approved limit of work has been created north of the construction offices to provide more area for incoming materials. The proposed laydown area remains fallow and outside established limits-of-work.
- Concrete pouring for the Metering and Regulating Station is in progress in the northern portion of the site.
- A new HDPE pipe has been installed to replace an existing culvert at the proposed switch yard connecting to the existing outlet on West Street.Excavation and installation of new water and sewer connecting from West Street has commenced.
- One of the two turbines is now on site, and is located in the construction parking area, awaiting installation.
- Various soil stockpiles are actively stabilized via tarps and seeding where necessary.
- Silt fences and straw bales are being routinely monitored and maintained as needed.
- Silt sacks in the catch basins in Summer Street are being routinely monitored and maintained as needed.
October 26th Construction Update:
- Initial concrete washout station has been decommissioned and a larger concrete washout station has been installed and is being maintained
- Various concrete wall foundations have been poured
- The Contractor Parking Area off West St. has been created and staffed with a security guard during working hours
- Utility trench for temporary utilities (power, water) for construction trailers has been backfilled
- Excavation for the foundation of the gas compression station is in progress
- Inside the station, the pavement has been saw cut and parts of the trench have been excavated for the proposed gas pipeline
- Various material and soil stockpiles have been created throughout the site and are actively stabilized via tarps and seeding where necessary
- Silt fences and straw bales have been installed
- 24/7 security details are in place at site entrance
- Catch basins in Summer Street around the site entrance fitted with silt sacks
September 21st Construction Update — construction of the Medway Peaker Project began on August 15th. Construction activities have included:
• Silt fences and straw bales have been installed around jurisdictional areas
• Crushed stone has been placed at the construction entrance to decrease off-site sediment tracking
• 6-foot wire-mesh fencing and privacy screening was installed around the perimeter of the work site
• 24/7 security details are in place
• Sediment basins have been installed
• Catch basins in Summer Street around the site entrance are protected with silt sacks
• Various material and soil stockpiles have been created throughout the site and are actively stabilized via seeding where necessary
• The Contractor Parking Area off West St. has been created
• Installation of temporary utilities (power, water) to the construction trailers is in progress
• Concrete washout station has been installed and maintained appropriately
• Wetland replication has been completed and stabilized
• Site has been completely cleared, grubbed and stumped, and leveled
Pictures of project construction: Aerial view of site looking northeast, construction entrance and parking has been created in the southern portion of the property along West Street; excavation and removal of large boulders was observed in the western portion of the site.
Thank You for Attending Our Construction Open House
On August 1st we held a Project Construction Open House at the Thayer Homestead. Thank you to the Medway residents who attended our event.
Medway Cable came to our Open House and produced this segment about it.
Here are pictures from the event:
Sign Up for Email Updates
Would you prefer to receive periodic construction updates by email? Sign up to receive email updates:
Contact Us About Project Construction
Please feel free to contact us via phone or using our submission form.
Phone: 24X7 hotline for questions, concerns, or complaints: 508-321-7311. A response will be provided within 24 hours of your call.
Submission Form: Use our form to submit your question, concern, or complaint.