Economic Contributions to Medway
The plant expansion will increase our work as a good neighbor in the community. Read about our commitments to the Town of Medway in the Host Community Agreement.
With the new units, Medway will provide the local energy grid with cleaner, more efficient and cost effective power when it is needed the most.
Advancing Clean Energy Initiatives
Utilizing the best energy technology and infrastructure currently available, the addition to the Medway facility will reduce carbon emissions when in use.
- Significant positive impact to Town of Medway property tax base.
- Approximately 200 jobs during construction.
- Up 4-6 full-time positions after expansion is complete.
- New units will be able to produce 200 megawatts of electricity to meet future peak energy demand in New England.
- Supports development of Green Grid.
- Enhances reliability of electric system.
- Reduces energy shortfalls predicted by ISO New England.
- Enough energy to meet the needs of about 200,000 homes.